SC lists ten outfits that should be traditional misfits but work when styled right!
- Denim + Denim – This head-to-toe denim look should, in theory, be extremely monotonous and boring. But, we think it works! It’s perfect for people with petite body types, as it creates a silhouette with no broken lines and gives the illusion of height.
- Dungarees + Crop Top – This 90s revival look works great for people who are uncomfortable wearing crop tops. Showing just a hint of midriff on the sides, its great for a lazy weekend about town.
- Denim Shirt + Maxi Skirt – Another blast from the past, this 90’s inspired “denim shirt and maxi skirt” look is the perfect mix of girly and tomboy!
- Flannel Shirt + Leather Skirt – This combo works well because it tones down the edgy and turns up the casual.
- Formal Shirt with Pleated Leather Skirt – This versatile outfit pair up is so great because the playful and glam leather skirt with heat-set pleats breaks the monotony of the classic white formal shirt.
- Graphic Tee + Pencil skirt – Simple yet chic, this look brings together two styles that are on different ends of the style spectrum.
- Kurti + Palazzo Pants – This is an outfit with a twist. Kurti is a loose-fitted tunic top that’s usually worn with leggings or salwars. Palazzos are usually paired with crop tops or tucked in shirts. Put them together, and they, in theory should clash horribly. But, surprisingly, they cut quite a good picture styled together.
- Print + Print – Styling one print with another would, in an unimaginative mind, create a mess and would take away from the impact. But, if done right, one print can complement another print in perfect harmony!
- Socks + Heels – Another odd trend that was very popular in the 90s, thanks to the cult movie Clueless, earned its reputation as a preppy style. Wear knee high socks with heels for a prim, proper and preppy look.
- Graphic Tee + Tulle Skirt + Crisp Blazer – As far as odd outfit pair ups go, this one really takes the cake. Casual, girly and formal all rolled into one makes a versatile outfit that works great for day and night!
If you love any of these styles and would like to incorporate them in your wardrobe, talk to our stylists on StyleCracker.com now.