With 2015 settling in comfortably, we made a list of 10 people to watch for this year – these are the ones who’ll be making waves in 2015.
1. Sonam Kapoor – Sonam’s next – Dolly Ki Doli – directed by debutant Abhishek Dogra and produced by actor Arbaaz Khan is expected to be a good rom-com this year. The trailer looks promising, especially Sonam’s stylish charm might woo all!
2. Amitav Ghosh – The talented author completes The Ibis Trilogy with the final book releasing this year in Spring. Flood of Fire follows a varied cast of characters from India to China, through the outbreak of the First Opium War and China’s devastating defeat, to Britain’s seizure of Hong Kong. Be sure to put it on your reading list.
3. Isha and Akash Ambani – Mukesh Ambani’s 23 year old twin scions, Isha and Akash have been appointed to the boards of Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd and Reliance Retail Ventures Ltd. They are sure to be pioneers of the next generation of business leaders, so we better keep an eye trained on them.
4. Rajkumar Rao – With an awesome performance in Citylights behind him, the 30 year old actor has turned to mainstream masala Bollywood cinema, with Dolly Ki Doli and Vidya Balan’s next “Hamari Adhuri Kahani” set to release this year. We’re sure he’ll give us more reason to applaud his talent in 2015.
5. Varun Dhawan – While we’ve only seen him in cute romantic roles yet, Varun Dhawan is all set to impress with a new avataar in his soon to release Badlapur and ABCD 2 later in the year.
6. Kristy de Cunha – Kristy de Cunha’s style is bold, quirky and avant-garde. The collection and designs do not conform to generation or style, but are a style statement. The silhouettes are structured yet whimsical and her favored color palette a mesh of brights. Basically, everything that we need this year.
7. Archana Rao – Archana Rao’s label Frou Frou was much praised for its romance and flirtatious femininity in the Lakme Fashion Week – Winter Festive 2014. We were much impressed by the contemporary yet ageless designs and we expect to see loads of good stuff coming from her in 2015.
8. Deepika Padukone – After an incredible performance in Goliyon Ki Rasleela – Ramleela, we are expecting no less than an outstanding role in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s next period drama Bajirao Mastani, along side Ranveer Singh and Priyanka Chopra.
9. Harshvardhan Kapoor – The son of Anil Kapoor and the younger brother of Sonam, Harshvardhan Kapoor is making his acting debut with Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s next – Mirziya, a biopic on Mirza Ghalib. With a talented daddy and a stylish big sister, it’s no wonder that there are a lot of expectations attached to the young actor’s Bollywood debut.
10. Michelle Moran – The American historical fiction author has been deeply fascinated by Indian history ever since she married into an Indian family. Her next book, The Last Queen Of India, is set to release in 2015 and is told from the perspective of Sita, one of the guards in Lakshmi Bai of Jhansi’s all-female army and the queen’s most trusted warrior. The Last Queen of India traces the astonishing tale of a fearless ruler making her way in a world dominated by men.