Planning a big Indian destination wedding anytime soon?? We at StyleCracker have taken the liberty and rounded up 15 of the most enticing places in the country to tie the knot!
1. Fortune Savoy, Mussourie: 2500 metres above sea level, on the spectacular Gharwal hills of Mussoorie, sits the uber romantic and historic Fortune Savoy hotel. The regal history of the hotel beckons you to come and enjoy the time away from the steady and fast city life. With its spectacular climate and enchanting view, the hotel has proven to be the perfect wedding destination for couples from all over the country.
2. Neemrana Fort Palace, Alwar: Built in 1464, the historical palace was evolved and transformed into this majestic beautiful hotel we see today. With its rich heritage and historical architecture, the Neemrana Fort Palace attracts couples from all over to celebrate their blessed day amongst its beauty and charm. We Love!
3. Palace Grounds, Bangalore: Mistaken by many to be a replica of the Windsor Castle in England (which it is not!). The grounds of the Bangalore Palace have proven to be the go to place for many couples tying the knot around the country.
4. Pachewar Garh Fort, Near Jaipur: A serene, well-kept fort with its intricate interior details, spacious rooms, and scrumptious Rajasthani cuisine, the Pachewar Garh Fort charms people to honor their wedding bond and cherish their memories amidst its rich Indian heritage and cultural surroundings.
5. Siolim Village, Goa (stay at the Siolim boutique resort): Along with its pristine beaches, the quintessential and coastal state of Goa is increasingly becoming one of the go to places for destination weddings. Siolim Village, known for the infamous Sao Jaon festival and its old age charm and culture is one of our favorite picks. Stay at the Siolim Boutique Resort and indulge in the rich Portuguese tradition (sua notável!)
6. Sainik Farms, New Delhi: Big Indian wedding?? That’s pretty much how the Delhiites do it, and Sainik Farms is where you need to be if you want it that big too!
7. The Manor, Friends Colony, New Delhi: Located in the luscious region of friends colony in the nation’s capital, The Manor was started up as a small country hotel for tourists and visitors to feel comfortable and familiar in a strange city. So all you brides, head to this luxurious and enchanting hotel and enjoy some alone time with your better half!
8. Vivanta by Taj, Surajkund (near Delhi): Just a short drive from the main city, contemporary architecture and luxurious spaces is what awaits you at the Taj Vivanta. With its elegant and modern interiors, along with its delectable restaurants, the hotel promises a once in a lifetime opportunity and experience for all you to-be-weds out there!
9. Havelock Islands, Andaman and Nicobar: Come wedding season, this island of 5,300 something sees newlyweds and to-be weds flock like gulls to the sea. If you are among the latter, elope or do it the traditional way. SC suggests keep it intimate, at one of the best and most secluded beaches in South Asia. SC picks – Silver Sand Beach Resort, Vijay Nagar, Havelock Islands, Andaman.
10. Rawla Narlai (heritage fort hotel near Jaipur), Rajasthan: This fortress turned heritage resort is not only the very definition of exotic but also oozes old world charm, perfect for a wedding inspired by the royalty and eminence of the 17th century aristocracy of India.
11. Cruise Wedding: Reasons to get married at sea? One, in-house nuptial packages that come with a planner, decorator.. in other words your BFF. Two, avoid potential bridezilla moments. Three, all it takes is a phone call and all you have to do is show up. Four, does a girl really need a reason to get married at sea? SC picks – Royal Caribbean International.
12. Jag Mandir Island Palace, Udaipur: Often referred to as ‘Swarg ki Vatika’ or Garden of Heaven, this palace is not only picturesque and ideal for the perfect wedding but also played a monumental role in the inspiration behind the Taj Mahal. Need we say more?
13. The Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur: If decadence and grandeur is your style and all that is synonymous with regal and splendour, we say you look no further than the The Oberoi Udaivilas. It is named one of the most expensive wedding destinations, and with good reason, hence you want to do this once and you want to be pretty damn sure!
14. Lavasa, Maharashtra: Being India’s first planned city and a man-made hill station, nature lovers of the west of the country looking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life, flock to Lavasa during ‘the’ season for the perfect urbane yet romantic fairytale wedding.
SC picks – Fortune Select Dasve, Ekaant – The Retreat, Dasvino Town & Country Club
15. Luxury resort in the backwaters of Kerala: The Big Fat India Wedding was never a phrase used to describe a destination wedding in Kerala. Serenity, tranquility, spirituality and picture perfect beauty is what you sign up for if you chose to commence your nuptial journey in the backwaters of the place God calls his own.
SC picks – The Zuri Kumarakom, Kerala Resort and Spa, Vivanta by Taj, Vasundhara Sarovar Premiere.
Take your pick and drop us a comment below!