Let’s admit it, the monsoon plays havoc on everything. You can’t wear what you’d like to, your hair has a mind of it’s own and lets not even talk about your makeup. Unless it’s all waterproof, chances are your makeup will slide right off your face the second you step outdoors. Both the humidity and rain can be quite unforgiving on your beauty game, so it’s better to be prepared.
Instead of going for a heavy face every day, how about adopting that glowing ‘no-makeup’ makeup look for a change? Celebrities do it all year round and once you get it right, it actually looks so fresh, you’ll want to do it everyday.
Take a look at some of our favourites:
1. Aditi Rao Hydari is the poster child for no-makeup makeup. She always relies on loads of waterproof mascara to make her eyes pop and occasionally adds a nude/pink lipstick.
2. Saiyami Kher does au-natural all over. She keeps her hair curly and when she has to head out, it’s a quick tight-lined eye and some pink lips. Of course you could add some powder blush depending on the occasion.
3. Another way to look done up without actually being so is by filling in your eyebrows. Nothing feels more powerful than a set of well-groomed, thick brows.
4. Vaani Kapoor opted for the works when it comes to no-makeup makeup. A tinge of eyeshadow doesn’t hurt when you have to step out for an important do.
5. Of course a lot of us can’t step out without some base. We’d suggest investing in a good BB cream and strobe cream. MAC has both and when mixed together and applied, it creates the perfect glow.
6. Remember that your lipstick is the one thing that can be easily touched up when you’re on the go. So if you’re going bare on the rest of your face, feel free to amp up the glam with a bright pout.
7. Making a strong case for a good set of brows and practically nothing else is Deepika Padukone. Make use of your nudes and light browns and apply some to your eyes and lips for a bronzy, tanned but still bare look.