Tired of that dull, dry, and lifeless hair? Have you tried a number of treatments and products with close to zero noticeable results? We advise, get rid of all that stress, it’s one of the many reasons for your dull hair problem!
Our hair just needs a little TLC to get back to its natural lustrous condition and SC has listed down 8 steps to help you achieve just that.
1. Conditioning your Tresses – Conditioning you hair right is what makes it shinier and reduces the frizz. Start applying the conditioner from the tips and work your way up! (SC Tip: Don’t rinse out the conditioner completely. It leaves your hair with a slight sheen post hair wash).
2. Hot oil massage – Oil can actually penetrate the head shaft and moisturize your scalp from within, which is why it is the best thing to restore your hair texture. (SC Tip: Wrap your hair in a warm towel and leave for an hour before shampooing).
3. Yogurt hair mask – Yogurt is a natural conditioner. Rich in proteins, yogurt offers all the moisture and nourishment your hair needs to grow strong and healthy. It contains lactic acid, that cleanses the scalp of the dead skin cells and helps your hair follicles grow.
4. Banana pulp hair mask – Banana pulp is very beneficial to your hair and scalp. It imparts a beautiful shine to dry hair, improves texture, and reduces frizz to make it more manageable.
5. Beer wash- Not that we haven’t heard it before, but beer with its rich protein and vitamin nutrients, is a great treatment for dry hair! For generations now, women have been relying on this age old technique to obtain irresistibly soft and shiny hair.
6. Lemon water rinse – Lemons or citric acid is the best natural ingredient to clean your scalp and nourish your hair. Most of the time your hair becomes dry and limp due to the accumulated dirt and pollution which invariably leads to the dull and dry condition of your hair. (SC Tip: After shampooing, rinse your hair with lemon water for that extra shine and bounce).
7. A healthy diet is a major contributor to improving and restoring your hair’s gorgeous texture and shine. It is very important to include nutritious food in your daily diet to bring back the life in your hair. Fish, sea cod, eggs, milk and almonds have the necessary vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids to replenish your hair.
8. Water is the miracle cure for most of our hair and skin problems. It is mandatory that you consume a minimum of 4 liters of water every day to keep your body hydrated and flush out the toxins.