We’ve totally caught the bug and we’re going complete bonkers! With the release of their next movie just round the corner, StyleCracker’s curating the perfect guide for all those who haven’t lived the Star Wars saga just YET. Here comes your license to enter the galaxy now!
– Star Wars is the most examined and cherished entertainment franchise in the world. It’s fans are legion, and they’re usually very knowledgeable!
– The Director, George Lucas is one of the American film industry’s most financially successful filmmakers. He is of German, Swiss-German, English, Scottish, and distant Dutch and French descent!
– The series revolves around a spiritual power called ‘The Force’, used by people for either the bad guys (The Empire) or the good guys (The Rebel Alliance).
– Star Wars is a like a gigantic space broadway where people fight with shiny swords, known as lightsabers!
– The original Star Wars, A New Hope, is the second highest grossing film of all time in the US.
– ‘Yoda’ is the series’ most legendary and famous character, extremely small in size, but exceedingly wise and powerful!
– Yoda was actually named ‘Buffy’, which was soon changed in subsequent drafts to ‘Minch Yoda’, and before getting shortened to just Yoda.
– Hayden Christensen was cast as Anakin in Star Wars: Episode II- Attack of the Clones only because he looked good next to Natalie Portman!
– The actor who plays Obi-Wan Kenobi, Alec Guiness, thought of the Star Wars films as “fairy-tale rubbish”.
– Daniel Craig has a surprise cameo in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
– An army of Wookiees was originally intended to help out on Endor in Star Wars: Episode VI- Return Of The Jedi, but George Lucas opted to use a smaller furry animal instead, called Ewok!
– David Prowse, the actor who portrayed Darth Vader in form, is banned from attending official Star Wars conventions because Lucas finds him extremely annoying.
– Such is the craze, that in the US in the year 2014, 29 babies were named Darth, 218 babies Anakin, 605 Liea and 10, 421 Luke!
– Star Wars collectible coins are acceptable as currency in Niue, a tiny island nation in the Pacific!
– The 20th Century Fox studio was completely unsure of the film and went completely bizarre once the saga became their hugest hit!