Style Cracker speaks to Josh Wood, Global Creative Director for Colour, Wella Professionals, on the dos and don’ts of hair colour for the working girl.
- Use a colour saver mask post colour. I recommend Wella Professionals Brilliance and System Professional Colour Save Mask.
- Cut your hair regularly.
- Wash your hair every alternate day as it keeps your scalp clean and fresh.
- It’s good to change and experiment your hair every now and then.
- Ask your mom/ best friend/ boyfriend on their opinion about your hair. It’s a good way of getting a proper feedback from someone who is close to you and it pushes you a little bit with your own hair.
- Overuse heat styling tools. This is very damaging and can cause severe breakage.
- Repeat colour too often. This can lead to hair fatigue.
- Just because you want to grow your hair long, that doesn’t mean you don’t have to cut your hair. It doesn’t work that way.
- Overexpose your hair to very intense sun if it’s coloured. The colour might fade away a little early. Use a hair serum or colour-protect leave-in conditioner.
- Brush your hair too often or too vigorously.
Wella Professionals Brilliance Treatment mask for colored hair, Rs 525: The creamy mask enhances vibrancy of colored hair, leaving it with an instantly noticeable soft, irresistible touch. How to use: Apply after shampooing. Massage and leave for 5 minutes. Rinse out
Special ingredients: Triple Blend Technology and Diamond Dust.
System Professional Color Save Mask, Rs 1,095/ 200 ml: The Color Save Mask is a color protecting intensive treatment that provides long-lasting color brilliance to colored hair. The formula provides intensive protection against color fading and shifting.