This week as we decode the minimalistic look, StyleCracker met up with Sonali Bhimani – Senior Hairstylist at Jean Claude Biguine Salon and Spa to get an expert scoop on how to sport the style in quick and easy steps.
1. What are the best day and night minimalistic hairstyles?
During the day, a sleek ponytail is your best bet, clean and simple styles that require minimum fuss on a busy day. For the night you can texture your hair out by scrunching it.
2. Please share two of your favorite minimalistic hair-dos for straight and curly hair.
Straight hair is always easy to tackle, simply tie your hair in a simple side plait.
Women with curly hair can tame their curls by twisting and tying it up in a bouffant.
3. Are there any hair cuts that you would categorize under this style?
A few hairstyles that definitely come under the minimalistic look are
1. A neat bob
2. One length cut.
4. What are the best products that can help enhance the minimalistic look?
Over the years I have used many products personally and on my clients, however one brand that stood out for my clients and me was KERASTASE and so I would recommend:
1. Kerastase Elixir Ultime hair for all hair type
2. Kerastase Nutritive Oleo curls for curly hair
3. Kerastase Nutritive Oleo relax for frizzy hair.
5. In your opinion, which three celebrities can carry the minimalistic look really well in your opinion?
Katrina Kaif, Karishma Kapoor and Anushka Sharma carry the minimalistic look down pat while overseas I admire Jennifer Aniston.
Want to know how to make the minimalistic look a part of your everyday wardobe? Sign up and ask our stylist NOW!