Monotone ensembles can be disastrous if not done right. Wearing the same color from head to toe can be a bit boring if you don’t know the chic cheats. So here’s how to rock one color the StyleCracker way!
• Pick a color that compliments your skin tone and body –type. You know the color is the highlight of your look. Picking the wrong color can ruin your whole look!
• If you wish to wear a pop color because that’s the theme of the party or you’re in the mood then be sure to wear it the monochromatic way i.e. mix and match the ensemble with varying tones (tints and shades) keeping one piece in the pop color. You don’t want to end up looking like candy!
• Wear your accessories in the neutral shades i.e. Black, White or Nude, or contrasting colors to break the monotony.
• Add some bling to glam up your outfit.
• Keep your makeup simple.
• Do not accessorize in the same color. That’s monotone gone wrong!
• Do not add many layers while experimenting with monotone. Keeping the silhouette simple always works!
• Do not play with too many clashing textures in the ensemble. They will just take the focus away from the color.
Monotone works best for short people as it creates an unbroken line of silhouette and makes one look taller. If opting for a darker shade, a monotone outfit can make you look slimmer too.
So now that you know how to work the monotone trend to your advantage, you can have unlimited fun with it. Try different styles, silhouette and accessories to make the look your own.
To know more about this trend and to get customized monotone looks, created specifically for you, talk to our stylists on StyleCracker.com.