For those of you who don’t know what a paper bag waist is, grab any bag made of paper and scrunch up the top with your hands to close it. See the natural pleats it creates? Now imagine that on a pair of trousers.
For a few months now, my Instagram feed has been clogged with paper bag waist bottoms. From shorts and skirts to trousers, it’s the most flattering kind of waist out there. And it even looks great on pretty much every body type.
So if you’ve got a pair, or you’re about to, let Instagram show you how to style it:
1. The more ruffles the merrier
New Blog Post: Styling one of my favorites summer trends, "paper bag waist" shorts! These favorite ruffled version that will make your legs look a mile long and your waistline like Gigi's! ???? Hope to see you on the blog, www.lucyswhims.com (link in bio) http://liketk.it/2rWZT #liketkit @liketoknow.it PC:@fashionedchicstyling
2. The only thing your paper bag bottoms need is a simple tank top
3. There’s one for every kind of body shape and personality
4. And it easily fits into your work wardrobe
5. Don’t be afraid to amp up the volume
Oh @fendi How I ????thee. Cold shoulder, paperbag waist, wide leg, neutral palette. Fendi resort collection is on point ???????? Sigh ???????? #fendi #coldshoulder #paperbagwaist #wideleg #fashion #fashionista #fashionpost #ootd #outfitoftheday #spring2017 #bloggerslove #repost #resortcollection #fashionblogger
6. It can be as covered up as you like
7. Or you could even go ahead and make it sexy
8. Basically the trend is a total hit
P.S. Don’t have time to get yourself some paper bag waist bottoms? How about giving our SC Box a shot? Depending on what you want, it could come filled with everything you need to style your paper bag waist bottoms!