SC rounded up the 6 prints that you need to have in your winter closet.
1. Houndstooth – This print has nothing whatsoever to do with the teeth of a dog, but this style of checks is uber class of chic. Wear houndstooth as a classic jacket, a coat, pants or even a cool skirt!
2. Herringbone – This is a twill weave that forms a geometric pattern, which gives the look of a print. Herringbone is an elegant choice for your winter wardrobe.
3. Tweed – Madame Chanel herself made this “previously-worn-by-peasants” fabric super chic and a symbol of elegance when she made the iconic Chanel Suit out of it. Tweed is a signature weave of fashion giant Chanel, so make sure you have some of it in your own closet.
4. Pashmina – We suggest you get a pretty pashmina shawl or scarf at the soonest, if you don’t already own it. A pashmina scarf is perfect for adding that much-needed femininity to spruce up the greys and blacks of winter wardrobes.
5. Jacquard – This is a classically elegant fabric with some pattern (usually floral) woven into it. It is the absolute best choice for well-tailored and structured clothes.
6. Plaid – The tartan/ plaid trend is back in a huge way this season, and we love it! Wear this traditionally Scottish weave as an oversized shirt (the boyfriend look!), or as a chic skirt!
Get these prints in your season’s shopping and consider your winter wardrobe all sorted.
Leave us your thoughts in a comment below!