Up until recently, the only time I thought it was acceptable to wear neon was at a mind-altering techno gig. In fact, even if you didn’t specifically wear the glaring shade, the lights at these particular kind of parties would make you look like you were covered in the shades from head to little toe – Enough to make you shun those colours until the next shindig. Today however, these norms seem to have shifted. Neon is the colour of the season and everyone is adding a hint of it to their everyday #ootd.
If, like me, you’re terribly afraid of wearing anything bright (forget neon), these influencers might just change the way you feel about the palette. Keep scrolling…
1. Start small and just try a pair of neon shoes to begin with. Maia Sethna seems to be having no qualms about the bright shade at her feet and muted tones on top – it’s totally working.
2. If you’re ready to bring the colour to your clothes, how about a pair of jeans with a minimal neon stripe? Aashna Shroff took it to the next level with a neon suitcase to match!
3. A neon tee like Shireen Sikka will really cause you or your eyes no harm. Wear it with denim bottoms and it makes for quite the fun, simple summer outfit.
4. Once you’re ready to double-dose it, make like Santoshi Shetty and pick a neon jacket and add a pair of neon patch shoes – looks quite do-able, right?
5. Still taking baby steps? Shrishti’s yellow clutch isn’t totally neon, but it’s on the right track.
6. All this while we kept it fairly casual. Now let Khushnaz show you how you could take the colour out at night without thinking too much about it!
7. And if you aren’t ready to be FULLY neon, do it like Prerna and add some trusty black or white into the mix.
8. A statement jacket is an essential in your wardrobe. So how about making it a neon one like Avantika’s?
Well of course I wanted a taste of the trend, so I did what I do best and added it to my hair.
Looking for a place to shop the trend all under one roof? The StyleCracker Borough is coming to town this weekend and we’re pretty sure you’ll get access to the neon trend and a whole lot more! RSVP here.