Gigi Hadid is really the quintessential model. She walks for some of the most prominent names in the world, has her own designer collaboration with Tommy Hilfiger and is dating one of the hottest singers around. It would be easy to say that we want her life. But what we really want are her clothes!
As a model with the perfect body, anything you wear is bound to look fantastic. But getting your trends right doesn’t hurt. Not only does Gigi wear some of the coolest outfits we’ve seen, she’s also an absolute pro at layering her clothes. It’s easy to go wrong with your layers. Just adding something on for the sake of it doesn’t work. The length, colour and fit all comes in to play and if you really want to get it right, we’ll let Gigi Hadid show you how it’s done.
1. Just like a white tee, a black and red checked shirt has started becoming some sort of a closet essential. You can wear it normally as a shirt, tie it around your waist to the gym and sometimes, when you’re wearing all black, make like Gigi and wear it as a layer.
2. The trick here is simple. Keep your base well, basic. A pair of jeans and a tank will do. Now in order to make your layer look fab, all you need is to match it to your shoes. Blush pink is a hot colour this season and matches with more outfits than you think!
3. If you’re someone who gets cold really easily, this is for you. Don’t be fooled. That may look like the way your grandpa wore his sweater in the ’80s but it’s totally trending right now.
4. In a country like ours, going out with just a sheer top on can be quite the no-no. But that doesn’t mean you don’t wear it altogether. Layer up with a blazer to match your trousers and it makes for a super cool set.
5. Going monotone is a trend that not only makes you look well put together, it leaves you looking taller and so chic. Once you’re done matching your top to your trousers and shoes, add on a jacket from the same colour family to take that look up a notch.