Serving her soup of fashion! She’s an overload of knowledge and she’s giving it all away. The co-founder and Creative Director of StyleCracker, Archana Walavalkar shares with us her picks, views and nuances of fashion.
Our first edition of ‘Monday Mantra’ reveals her favourite moments at the Golden Globes till date and a few quick tips on how to nail that red carpet look!
Her favourite looks at the Golden Globes so far:
TIPS ON ACHIEVING THAT PERFECT RED CARPET LOOK:
– Go minimal, classic or opt for maximum impact, identify and highlight that one gorgeous feature that’s sure to turn heads.
– Altering your outfit for utmost comfort is key. Go for multiple fittings, simply opt for a uniform that fits like second skin.
– Decide between wearing your undergarments or going complete sans- avoid lingerie lines. Invest in a pair of seamless spanx or some double sided tape!
– Dress for your body type- wear the right silhouette and select appropriate lengths. More petite frames, try midi length dresses- they’d work like real wonders!
– Work out those legs, shoulders and arms at the gym. Add a few minutes of HIIT (high-intensity interval training) to your workout everyday! Use a bit of baby oil mixed with equal parts liquid bronzer for smooth and toned legs and shoulders.
– Hydrate your skin for that red carpet glow. A great mascara makes all the difference!
– Pay your hair-stylist a visit and get a gorgeous cut, preferably about two weeks prior. Refresh your highlights with a cold or warm wash to match your complexion!
– Keep the accessories minimal or opt for no jewellery. Don’t forget to close the look with a killer pair of heels!
STYLE CRACKER HACK: Remove all the puffiness by dipping your face in a vessel full of ice before patting on that make-up!