Six SUPER-HEALTHY Protein-rich Delicacies
Desserts with benefits!
Guilt-free, protein-rich pleasures! Chocolate, cream and everything sweet brings more harm than good. Well, here’s the good news! Rashi Chowdhary at The Protein Bake Shop, Mumbai helped us round-up a few physique-retaining delicacies for all you healthy devils. So stir well and gorge away!
Cocoa Peanut Butter Clusters
2 tbsps peanut butter
2 tbsps milk
One/fourth cup dark chocolate bits
Three/fourth cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1. Heat the first three ingredients over low heat for a few minutes, until the chocolate melts.
2. Stir in the oats and remove from heat.
3. With the help of a spoon, drop eight ball-shaped portions on butter paper and refrigerate for 10 minutes before serving!
One ripe Avocado
100 grams cocoa powder
100 ml coconut milk or almond milk
Three soft dates
Two tbsps flaxseed powder
Few berries for dressing
1. Mix the ingredients together.
2. Blend and set the mixture in a tall glass or jar.
3. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Once ready, throw on some berries and dive in!
Slim-down Breakfast Smoothie
150 ml almond milk
2 tbsps of Almond butter
2 tbsps of raw honey
Half a scoop unflavoured whey protein isolate
Pinch of cinnamon powder
1. Throw all the ingredients into a blender.
2. Add ice into the mix and serve cold!
Chocolate Protein Cookies
One cup oat flour
Three scoops protein powder
One/fourth cup creamy peanut butter
Four egg whites
Half a ripe banana
One tsp agave nectar
One tsp vanilla
One/fourth cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix them well.
3. Drop spoonfuls onto the cookie sheet and flatten the dough balls.
4. Bake for 10 minutes and remove for cooling immediately.
Half a bunch cauliflower florets
Two cups of chopped and steamed carrots, beans and onions
Half a garlic clove
One tbsp of butter
Salt to taste
1. Steam the cauliflower and throw it into a food processor.
2. In a pan, add butter garlic and onions.
3. Wait till they turn slightly brown and add chopped carrots and bean in this mix followed by the steamed cauliflower.
4. Let it all cook for a bit and add in the condiments of your choice.
5. Enjoy with a meat or lentil curry!
Blueberry Oat Pancakes
One cup old-fashioned rolled oats
Half a cup cottage cheese or paneer
One tsp vanilla extract
One cup blueberries or any fruit of your choice
One to two tsps coconut oil or butter
1. Combine the ingredients in a blender until you arrive upon a smooth paste.
2. Stir in the fruit of your choice gently.
3. Coat a non-stick pan with oil and spoon about 2 tbsps of the batter per pancake.
4. Cook for about three minutes.
5. Dip your pancake into a yoghurt dip mixed with 1 tbsp maple syrup!
Rashi Chowdhary, Nutrition & Inch-loss Expert
Owner- The Protein Bake Shop, Mumbai