Fitting in a 45-60 minute workout session in our oh-so-busy lives is a luxury us ambitious girls can’t afford. Not that we prefer promotions over paunches, but our multi-tasking gender is more than capable of acing appraisals along with having washboard abs. Read on for our list of quick and easy workout tips at work!
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator at work, or for that matter anywhere else. A quicker way to burn calories is to increase pace and take two steps at time. Not only is this a great workout for your lower body, but is possibly the easiest way to build stamina.
- Use heavy weight books and folders or 1-1.5 lt. water bottles as makeshift weights and train your way through presentation preps and proof reading reports.
- Do the ballerina point and stretch your calf and back muscles while sitting idly at your desk. Extremely simple, but you won’t believe how effective!
- If you eat out at lunch hour, walk to your preferred cafe and back. This will leave you twice as energetic and we promise you won’t long for a “power nap”!
- Increase the amount of walking you do in a day by covering the distance from the train station/bus stop to your workplace on foot, or if you drive down, park your car a little farther away from the office and walk it out.
- Drink up! Make it a point to have a bottle of water on your desk and drinking plenty of water throughout the day.
- Lastly, sit up girl! A correct posture is very important. Ensure that your back it straight and your shoulders back. Your legs need to be bent at the knees and feet flat on the ground.
Try these simple and easy tips, that lead to a healthier and slimmer you!