With the Fall 2015 shows coming to a fantastic conclusion in the Big Apple today, we compiled a list of 5 must-have trends spotted on the runways during New York Fashion Week.
1. Sturdy Footwear – Stompy boots and thick, chunky heels are going to be all the rage for next Fall. Victoria Beckham’s calf boots were a chunky-heel loafer hybrid and Coach had biker boots with shearling tongues. Alexander Wang’s all-black collection featured heavy Frankenstein boots.
2. Minimalistic Chic – Céline opened the floodgates for simple, uncomplicated silhouettes and and now, designers have started undoing it a little with asymmetric hems (Beckham and DKNY), frayed edges (Edun) and such.
3. High Necks – Polo Necks are the way to go come Fall 2015! There were neoprene funnels at DKNY, and gigantic woolly ones at standout show Victoria Beckham. They were used as a layering device at Tommy Hilfiger and to create a 60s vibe at Edun and a 70s vibe at Thakoon.
4. Trend Redux – Influence from the late 60s and early 70s was evident at plenty of shows. But the real winner, the one to come back full force, was the 90s fashion! Shirt dresses, cropped jackets, platform wedges and Mary Janes worn with knee high socks were all part of the 90s redux package.
5. Coats – Parkas and shearling coats (like the ones at Donna Karen!) are going to be absolute must-haves for the winter wardrobes for this year.
Stay tuned for runway updates from the London Fashion Week, starting 20th February! Meanwhile, drop a comment below and tell us what you think of the New York trends!